Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Things

This wasn't the best week. Tough times at school and sick girls at home. So here are some of the good things:

  • T talked to me. This child has pretty much been silent all year. When you ask him a question he makes tiny grunting sounds-like a baby. Not only did he talk to me, he raised his hand at group time to contribute.
  • We got a new student. There is a lot of paper junk that has to be done with a new student that just makes it a real pain but this is a sweet child. He has had some trouble in his short life and is still sweet. And he is the only one in the class that laughed when I said something about the flying monkeys coming out of the coat closet-the rest of them just looked at me-scared of when it might happen.
  • We have done something this week that I have never done before. My class and I have been reading my Principal's husband's blog about his bike ride across NC and have been tracking him on a map. They have looked forward to reading this blog everyday. Just proves that children can learn and have fun at the same time.
  • I was able to clean my desk off after school. For some reason this year the papers just keep piling up and I have been doing this every afternoon-except for this week. I finally found the bottom of the pile.
  • The teacher down the hall showed me great writing from one of my students last year. A mom of one of my students from last year told me about her son reading to her and how great he was doing. A student from last year had two good days-and I know he is with the right teacher this year.
  • Picture day is over, at least for the fall, and no one had ketchup on their shirt.
  • Starbucks this morning.
  • Michael called me tonight.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment